Tuesday 31 August 2010

Dipping into the SU archives ..................



........... well, to more accurate, my back issues of the Idea Book and Catalogue - with my demo preview of our very own catalogue for 2010-2011 only a day away, I thought I would have a trip down memory lane.

This simple little card was featured in the 2007 US catalogue - I recreated the colourway but not the orientation of the embellishment - so, I used So Saffron cardstock and designer paper together with Not Quite Navy and Handsome Hunter (retiring) - Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon and the tiny floral punch which was part of a set originally but I hope that SU will sell it to us singularly again because it is such a cute flower - my sentiment came from the Fun & Fast Notes stamp set, and with some matching brads, of course.



This really is a very quick little card and if you use your own, or the recipient's, favourite colour combo it's one that you can pull out of the bag very quickly when you hear those words from a loved one - "You don't happen to have a card suitable for so-and-so do you, it's their birthday tomorrow!!!"

Had a fabby day yesterday - Chris was demonstrating at Sir Stampalot ( Always about Colour - please check in the sidebar for the link to her gorgeous creations ) and I came away with lots of ideas which I hope to translate using SU products and basic generic products - met up with my lovely friends - as I have said so often - I feel blessed by the friends that I have met thro crafting.

I'm on a roll with my blog now so please scoot by on your blog hop if you can - leave a comment if you feel so inclined - but either way thank you for visiting - as I remain on my toes lol.

Bridgette

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bridgette, thanks for the link.
    It was great to see you yesterday, I enjoyed it so much.looking forward to seeing chris inspired su cards.
    cant wait to see whats in the new catalogue, but its nice to reminice.(dont know if its spelt right)and I love the card, its so simply gorgeous. hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete

Is there anyone out there? Your comments let me know that I am not alone in my 'happy space' - which is very reassuring. Thank you.