Tuesday 9 June 2009

Another Craft Class ......


Hello again - I am just reporting on our craft group which takes place every second Tuesday of the month - there was a male theme to today's class with Father's Day just around the corner - we managed to make a Father's Day card and a lovely little matching 3D item - a simple box which once decorated can house a whole host of small gifts - Monica gave details of it on her gorgeous blog http://www.monicas-passions.blogspot.com/ in metric but I have converted it to imperial measurements as my Scor-Pal is in inches - it's a fast and easy little box to make.



The other project which was inspired by a project in the SU Catalogue for last year allowed us to colour an image using either the Aqua pens or the blender pens and used an image from a retired stamping set called Seaside Sketches - it is by the same artist as our Summer by the Sea stamp set in the current catalogue - line drawings that are just perfect as they are or enhanced with a little colour.

The class is two hours long and the time just flies by - but it is so enjoyable - I'm just glad that coffee was served before we sat down (thank you Chris if you're reading this) as once we were under way there didn't seem to be the opportunity for another one - so the biccies will be there for the next time and I shall put them in the middle of the table straight away - so many apologies I'll make up for it at the July class where we will be playing with Crazy for Cupcakes - and making another 3D item and two more useful cards to send to loved ones.
Imperial Box Measurements:

Cut your A4 sheet to exactly 11 1/2" - so just a tiny bit to cut off.

Score along the longest side first at 1 1/2" - 5" - 6 1/2" and 10".

Turn the cardstock so the shortest side is at the top and score at 1 1/2" from the edge on both the left and right hand side.

Crease along all of these lines.

Make four cuts along the score lines on each of the long sides just as far as the 1 1/2" score line.

The box should start to take on a life of its own and you can see the shape appearing.

At this stage I would decorate the lid and sides whilst it is still flat.

Once happy with my decoration I would glue the short tabs and fold them into place on the inside of the box.

All done - it really is as easy as that.

I'll pull together some photographs to make it easier to understand but once you've done it once there will be no holding you.
Bridgette

5 comments:

  1. Hi Bridgette, fabulous, really enjoyed the class. Great cards even though I got a bit glued up...Enjoyed the social aspect, thank you ladies. Would love to come again, I'll try to make the July one, but as you know the wedding is on the 11th, so I might just be dead after that lol...

    Thanks for the box measurments and instructions again Bridgette.

    Take care.

    Hugs Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bridgette, really enjoyed the class again and find it very inspiring and motivating to do more at home... ( if only I had more time!!) I just wish I didn't have to rush off part way through the class never mind. Can't wait for July. Loved the blending pens were they from stampin up? I look forward to seeing you at Fleur's party.

    Take care,

    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the class bridgette and also learned a thing or two about glue lol.looking forward to next one.
    louise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time flys when your enjoying yourself, and we certainly were, love the colours, and the cards and the box, and the class and the company it was all great. will make coffee anytime. love chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh love that togetherness stamp of father and child. I already posted dad's card, but I might need to make a bday card with that in mind. Two more great cards and the box is so clever.

    ReplyDelete

Is there anyone out there? Your comments let me know that I am not alone in my 'happy space' - which is very reassuring. Thank you.