Sunday 29 March 2009

Heartfelt Thanks ....... from the Idea Book 2007 - 2008 and The Spreader of Love Award

I was looking for inspiration as I just wanted to 'play' quickly in between other jobs today - I looked thro' last years Idea Book and on p 20 I found what I needed - so this is a 'lift' just a slight colour change and orientation and my thanks to the design team at Stampin' Up!

I have to confess that before discovering Stampin' Up! my base cards where invariably white with the occasional cream/ivory addition - colour was something I tended to fight shy of - lack of confidence perhaps - but as you can see I am definitely dipping my toe in the world of colour - and where bolder to start than Real Red, a touch of Old Olive, So Saffron and a hint of Very Vanilla.

I think the design was carried out on a larger card so I changed the orientation to landscape and the proportions tended to work better for my 6 x 4 cardstock - I like the result - I finished by completing the envelope to match.
That's it - it was all done and dusted in no time - filed away in its little cellophane bag awaiting the right occasion to send it.

Thanks again to the Stampin' Up! Design Team - don't forget if you haven't got a catalogue yet have a look for inspiration by clicking on the front cover of the current catalogue over in my sidebar.

Also before I go I would like to share with you the fact that I have been awarded this gorgeous tag from my SU sister Emma - http://www.emma-daye.blogspot.com/ - and it is my pleasure to pass it on to another five blogs that I enjoy visiting - so if you haven't yet experienced the beautiful work that these favourites of mine do then you're in for a treat - don't hesitate, indulge in the pleasure of blog-hopping - but beware it's addictive.







and finally, but by no means least - just alphabetically




Thank you again Emma - I hope I've managed to pass this cute award on successfully.


Thank you to all fellow blog-hoppers for stopping by - hope you can call back soon.


Bridgette

3 comments:

  1. Aww Bridgette...Thank you so much for listing me as one of your favourites! That was very kind. You leave lovely comments.
    Your card is great. SU is very inspirational..such beautiful products. Hope you continue to learn and be inspired!
    sending you big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks a million Bridgette, I can't wait to display it on my blog *mwah*

    I am the same about using a colour base card - it's quite frightning but the results speak for themselves I think. Beautiful card & loving the envelope too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bridgette - will put it on my blog when I get the chance.

    You've made a beautiful card, as usual!

    Love x

    ReplyDelete

Is there anyone out there? Your comments let me know that I am not alone in my 'happy space' - which is very reassuring. Thank you.