Wednesday 1 April 2009

Oh, So Lovely ......

I decided that I would continue leafing thro' last year's Idea Book and Catalogue 2007 - 2008 and recreate a card using a colour scheme that I wouldn't normally feel comfortable with.

So many thanks to the design team from Stampin' Up! - again with just a few subtle variations in ribbon type, ink colour and sentiment I have recreated the card on p16 of the catalogue - and of course, the envelope has not escaped unscathed lol.

Sizewise I work with a 6 x 4 card base as I find it very convenient - I do tend to ink my edges just to soften them - and my Old Olive edge is torn and inked rather than roughened using the super little gadget from Stampin' Up! called the Cutter Kit - it's on my wish list!

I'm pleased with the result and I must bear in mind that imitation is said to be the sincerest form of flattery and I do need a bit of handholding where colour of the base card is concerned.

Do remember to seek out a copy of the Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalogue 2008 - 2009 - it is truly a wealth of inspiration - so much more than just a list of products - and don't forget the Mini Catalogue is now available to order from - so do email me should you need to purchase any supplies I would be happy to help you - this little catalogue will run alongside the main one right up until the end of September.

See you again soon hopefully.

Bridgette





3 comments:

  1. It's no wonder the SU Design Team were picked for the job is it? They always think 'outside of the box' & I love taking inspiration from the catty too. Great job Bridgette - I prefer it with your sentiment :) *hugs* steph xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card and love the matching envelope it really finishes it, the catalogues are great for ideas I have still got the last one but it is well thumbed through now lol.

    ReplyDelete

Is there anyone out there? Your comments let me know that I am not alone in my 'happy space' - which is very reassuring. Thank you.