Monday 9 March 2009

Kristina's Colour Challenge .......

I decided to draw inspiration from the SU Idea Book and Catalogue to attempt this challenge and used one of my favourite sets: Summer by the Sea.

You'll find my starting point on page 41 - I just simply changed the colours to match the challenge - watercoloured the image very lightly - no ribbon, just a few more brads and it was done.

As always I try to compliment the original but just make it more my own - I find that when I'm stuck for ideas the SU catalogue is just perfect and at £4.95 very reasonable when compared against the price of a monthly magazine that we look at once and then hardly refer to again - I keep going back to my catalogue time and time again.




If you haven't yet got a copy just find your nearest SU demo, we generally each have a good supply, and invest in one - if I happen to be your nearest please contact me - I'd be happy to help as would any of us.


You may also be hearing the news about a new mini catalogue - and you've heard right - it is full of fabulous stamp sets, papers, punches, buttons and ribbons - I am eagerly awaiting my pre-order parcel so that I can make samples to show you - and you will be able to order from it on 1 April 2009 - don't worry this one runs with the current catalogue until the end of September unlike the Sale-a-bration which had a very short time frame.
I'll be putting my chipboard challenge card on tomorrow - this was from Sally, my upline - which is quite timely as there is currently 25% off the range in the catalogue - having never worked with it before I was surprised how easy it was to change its appearance and if you want to see a brilliant video pop across to Sally's blog at http://www.sallysdaze.blogspot.com/ and be inspired.
Bridgette

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely take on this card Bridgette.
    Know what you mean about the catalogue - mine is quite dog-eared. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridgette - just seen your comment - thank you x

    Just thought that I'd let you know - Flat Stanley is off! (poor little soul, as if it wasn't enough being flat) He was just proving too difficult to do with time constraints etc so I am resorting to Harry Potter. LOL.

    Oh dear - bad mummy! Don't you love it!

    Love x

    ReplyDelete

Is there anyone out there? Your comments let me know that I am not alone in my 'happy space' - which is very reassuring. Thank you.