Thursday 26 March 2009

My First Stampin' Up Hostess Party ....

Wow, where did that week go - thank you so much for taking the time to keep checking on me - even my friends were beginning to wonder where I had disappeared to. Honestly I was not painting the town red - not even the very faintest rose pink - but I have, with the help of my dear friend Lou, got off the starting blocks with a Stampin' Up Hostess Party.

Although we were a small party I loved it - time to chat - play with the products - produce a card - watch me demo another - get to know some new faces and say hello again to some familiar ones - it was a blissful few hours and it comfortably produced a Level One Party for Lou even from the modest gathering and some pre-orders from those who couldn't make it - all very much appreciated and I hope they can make it next time as we plan to do it again it was such a relaxing few hours snatched from our otherwise busy schedules - as women we know what it is to juggle all the 'expectations' that come with the roles we fulfil each day and there is nothing like a girly giggle to de-stress!!

The Make and Take was the 'bloom' card with papers from the Sweet Always DSP with a colour theme of Regal Rose and Chocolate Chip - a chance to get hold of stamps and punches with a very basic card that is quick and simple to put together and easy to repeat using different sentiments.

My demo card was inspired by a layout at http://www.thedecoratedpage.blogspot.com/ using the Sale-a-bration stamp set Botanical Bloom - a set was also being given as the Door Prize today - which was simply a name in the hat for all those attending and those who had placed pre-orders - again the opportunity to demo the Stamp-a-ma-jig which you start out believing you don't need and find out that you can't live without it lol - myself included!!

And finally - as it is coming towards Easter - a few brightly coloured mini eggs - enough to indulge but not feel guilty - to take home - I have to confess this is my beautiful Sizzix die Top Note - I believe the Cricut has something similar on one of its cartridges - and the Yummy Sale-a-bration set which will be the door prize at Lou's next party - I told you she is lovely to me as are all my friends - what would I do without you all.

I do hope everyone had a good time - if you're reading this and were there - a big thank you and don't forget to try out my Favourite Blogs List you'll see some gorgeous work to inspire you.

Bridgette

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fab evening Bridgette - beautiful make & take too! Love the little take home treats - yummy :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it went well Bridgette and you had a good time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely projects by the way :-)

    Must get to bed - soooooooo tired! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely morning-afternoon we had Bridgette,THANKYOU SO MUCH! for coming to do my Stampin'Up party and for the lovely Make and Take card, your so lovely Demo and our Yummy! treats what a sweetie you are.x.Special thanks again,so execited for our next party in April and to be able to order from the Mini catalogue too.What more could we want?Take care,see you soon.Hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bridgette - Your cards and ideas are as inspiring and fantastic as ever - so very sorry to have missed the party. Please have one in a school holiday when I'm not working!!!
    So very glad all went well for Lou and you.
    Kirstyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh congratulations on your party...sounds wonderful! Love those little egg treat bags.
    I want to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great cards bridgette really wished I could have stayed but it was still lovely to catch up with everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Is there anyone out there? Your comments let me know that I am not alone in my 'happy space' - which is very reassuring. Thank you.