Thursday 15 January 2009

A Versatile Stamp Set ......


As I have mentioned before I am building my SU stash slowly so I am therefore having to be inventive with what I have already bought. The Season of Joy set was the first one I bought just before Christmas and I am now using it to create a pretty birthday card for a friend's daughter, again using limited ink colours, this time Ruby Red and Certainly Celery on SU Vanilla cardstock.

Briefly, the swirl was used to cascade from top left to bottom right with the tiny flower stamped randomly inbetween. The larger flowers were then added, these had been stamped separately, cut out and embellished with a gold brad to give a little texture and extra interest and then glued into position. The insert was stamped in two corners using the large flower and the envelope just has the swirl and tiny flower design in the lower right hand corner - again this just adds a little extra interest and only take a second or two.


I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of an SU parcel of goodies, blues and pinks this time, just right for Springtime - I'll hopefully have that by next week but I'm working on my next project to show you - using a Sizzix design die.


Now in America Sizzix and Stampin' Up are linked, this is excellent for me as I love my Bigshot diecutting machine, ask any of my crafting friends, and I am ever hopeful that SU will put these products in future catalogues for the UK. My project, if it turns out well, will be using one of the Sizzix dies that is currently available in the American catalogue but we have been able to purchase it here, not thro' SU but a Sizzix retailer for some time - I'll try to post it at the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. This card is so pretty. I love the way you've used the swirl stamp, that along with the Baroque Motif is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete

Is there anyone out there? Your comments let me know that I am not alone in my 'happy space' - which is very reassuring. Thank you.