Tuesday 20 January 2009

Tea & Crumpets Anyone?


Today I decided to make two cards using the same layout and using just one set of SU Designer Papers and plain cardstock just to see how different they can look - I was quite pleased with the result - what do you think to them? Do you like them?
Both cards are made using Vanilla cardstock and cut to 5" x 5" - a size I like to work with - the Tea and Crumpet DSP were used - layering up as you see in the photograph. The sentiments are by Hero Arts - as yet I don't have that many SU sentiments but I'm working on it!!

You will recognise the scallop edge punch and the circle scallop punch but the buttons are cut using a Sizzix Sizzlit Die aptly called Buttons #1 once inked on the edges they look quite realistic - believe it or not the 'thread' I used is actually very, very thin strips of the paper - I think it looks really effective.

The other element is the butterfly - this little stamp forms part of the SU Level 2 Cause For Celebration Set - I have stamped it once and then cut a second butterfly and gently glued just the centre part to the card - so that the wings can be raised. I've tried to show this in the photo which may be at the top or just to the side - I shall just have to see where it lands.



As you can see the envelopes do not escape unscathed - one has the little butterflies dancing on the front and the other has a button on the back flap.

Thank you for looking - I will post again very soon.

Bridgette




































































3 comments:

  1. oooooooooooo those cards are LOVELY! You are one very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridgette, these are simply gorgeous - I love the colours and the elegance of these cards! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely cards a great idea with the thin strips of paper and the button die will have to try this and love the extra detail to envelopes that make it extra special

    ReplyDelete

Is there anyone out there? Your comments let me know that I am not alone in my 'happy space' - which is very reassuring. Thank you.