Tuesday 24 July 2012

Green Views ......







...... I often wondered, seeing summer foliage unfurled,
why it was that God chose green in which to dress the world. 
I tried to picture to myself a background pink or gold,
and wondered if a dell of blue would thrill me to behold.

And, thinking thus, I knew that nothing could be so serene,
so calm, so fresh, so restful as the myriad tones of green. 
No other colour could appear so fragrant and so sweet,
so cool and so refreshing in the summer's sultry heat. 
So soothing in the evening when a spirit needs release. 
And in a world of turmoil so completely swathed with peace.

Kathleeen Partridge 1942

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is there anyone out there? Your comments let me know that I am not alone in my 'happy space' - which is very reassuring. Thank you.