Monday 20 December 2010

At last ...... and it's not even a card !!!!!!




Opps !!!  Well what happened there you may be thinking - phew, blink and you can miss a whole month practically.  At last an entry and as the title states it's not even a card - it's a cake !!!

For the last few weeks I have been attempting to ice and decorate a cake under the guidance of Fay Barrett a very accomplished cake maker and decorator - I didn't make the cake but bought it from good ol' M & S - one step at a time maybe next year for the making of the fruit cake.

I am very proud of the finished result as it is my first attempt and I know the cake will taste good so no surprises there.

I do have card and 3D projects to show you but I am trying to finish my Christmas cards and still a way to go so I shall be back - yeah, right I hear you say, you'll believe that when you see it - no honestly I will !!!

Take care it's slippery out there - Bridgette

7 comments:

  1. Oh yum, that is one elegant cake Bridgette, and well done on your very smooth finish. Happy Christmas !! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bridgette...

    How lovely to see you blogging again! Your cake looks beautiful..enjoy!
    The SU catalogue looks fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job done Bridgette, very elegant, have a lovely Christmas and will see you in the New Year.
    Hugs Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmmm, looks delicious, very elegant, have a great Christmas, hope to see you in the New Year, love Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo looks fab Bridgette. Good enough to eat! I'll be round for tea soon! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is looks scrummylicious Bridgette, its a beauty. sending hugs your way chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cake looks really lovely - I love the tartan ribbon. See you in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Is there anyone out there? Your comments let me know that I am not alone in my 'happy space' - which is very reassuring. Thank you.